http://nycachca.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Screen-Shot-2018-11-21-at-11.06.28-AM.png 609 1120 Keith http://nycachca.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/achca-ny-logo.png Keith2018-11-21 16:07:112018-11-21 16:07:30[NOVEMBER 2018] Nominate your peers for recognition!
ACHCA NY Chapter is soliciting nominations for the following award recognitions:
The Ralph Barron Award – Our Past President and Region II Governor, the late Ralph J. Barron, Jr., felt that education and professional growth of the long-term care administrator were very important. In his memory, the New York Chapter has created the Ralph J. Barron, Jr. Scholarship Fund. The fund has a singular objective: to help underwrite the cost of education of new members to our profession and college chapter. Each year, the New York Chapter will award $1,000 in scholarship grants.
For the purposes of this fund, a scholarship means a financial award to help a student of a bona fide academic institution continue (proactive) his/her studies in the field of health care administration. A grant means a financial award to an individual to underwrite the cost of furthering his/her knowledge in the profession of health care administration. This distinction is made to allow for funding of knowledge enhancing projects that are not part of traditional academic programs, e.g. seminars, conferences, research activities, etc.
Individuals who wish to apply for each year must:
1. Be enrolled in an AIT program by January of the award year or be enrolled in a recognized university/college training program for health care administration.
Application can be made by sending a letter of support outlining the name of the individual and giving reasons why they meet the above criteria and definitions.
Administrator of the Year Award – The purpose of this award is to recognize a Fellow of ACHCA who has demonstrated the highest professional standards as an administrator in post-acute and aging services, specifically, the nursing home setting.
· Currently licensed nursing home administrator
· ACHCA Member in good standing
· A leader in post-acute and aging services for at least five years
Submit two letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must include the writer’s name, address, phone number, e-mail, and the name of the nominee. The nominator’s letter must address these questions:
· How has the nominee improved the health and welfare of residents in the nursing home setting?
· How has the nominee contributed to, or set an example for, post-acute and aging services leadership?
· What outstanding accomplishments have been achieved by the nominee in the field of nursing home administration?
· Why is the nominee deserving of this award?
New Administrator of the Year Award – The purpose of this award is to recognize a ACHCA Member – licensed five years or less – who has demonstrated the highest professional standards as an administrator in post-acute and aging services, specifically, the nursing home setting. See the Administrator of the year requirements for further information and nominations.
The deadline for nominations is January 1, 2019.